The Branch Manager is responsible for individual mortgage production and managing the day-to-day sales activities of their branch and overall origination processes within defined targeted goals. This position will work the loan officer’s to build volume and realtor relationships. The primary responsibility of this position is to effectively recruit, coach, manage, and motivate a high performance sales team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Establishes, develops and maintains a strong client referral base by selling the company’s loan products and services to meet the needs of its client base in order to develop new business and/or retain existing business.
• Hires, trains, and manages the loan officer staff in accordance with company and industry standards. This is to include training and mentoring in areas such as product knowledge and sales training.
• Keeps informed of trends, changes and developments in the local real estate market.
• Keeps up with what competitors are doing by keeping up-to-date with changing rules, regulations and guidelines from FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA in addition to other investors and agencies.
• Keeps informed of all origination, processing, appraisal, underwriting and closing requirements for both company and investor guideline pertaining to both government insured and privately-insured mortgagors.
• Responsible for the overall customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from application to closing including, but not limited to: counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers; taking complete and accurate applications; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and lock-in information; overseeing the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms; assisting in collecting additional documents after closing as directed by corporate or senior management.
• Maintains a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Production Requirement: Minimum of 3MM per month in fundings